Friday, February 15, 2008

A Sign of Things to Come?!?


Tomorrow is the Cantua Creek RR. Not an "A" race on my schedule, but it's the first road race of the year. There are several well represented teams and it should be interesting to see how things play out as I only have myself and two other teammates in the mix (...and yes, we'll be mixing it up...).

I decided to ride with Boke out to New Almaden just to keep the legs fresh. A jump here or there to see how the legs were feeling was all that was in store for the ride. After my second quick jump I felt pretty good. Spun out my gear, got the cadence up to around 135 and felt reasonably fresh.

Upon clicking through the Powertap (puss-o-tron to some), I came across a very big surprise to me. I had just set a new 1 second max wattage mark. Bested my previous by 25 watts!!!

So what does this mean for tomorrow? You'll have to tune in and find out over the next couple of days...

2 comments:

veloandvino said...

how much do you weigh?

Manley Man said...

198. And I probably could still lose about another 5-7 pounds if I were to get totally lean which is bound to happen over the next year if I maintain what I'm currently doing (which is pretty realistic). Though I played hoops at the NCAA Division I level (go Card!), I was never in the shape I was in now. I weight around 225 during my playing days.