Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Doctor, Doctor

I was chatting with a friend of mine this morning and come to find out she just started working on her M.A. in Organization Development. Ahh, that brings back some memories...

Over fifteen years ago I was finishing up my undergrad education in the same topic at some place that resembles a farm in the Bay Area. This recent conversation got me thinking, which usually is a good thing but at times it hurts. This morning it happens to be some random thoughts on a topic I actually thought I had put to rest a few years ago after finishing my MBA.

As much as I like academia, this could be suicide in a fun way. I teach college freshmen already as a guest lecturer at SCU, so I'm already doing my part in giving back to the Facebook-enabled youth of today (among other things). So what might this suicide entail? Me going back to get a Ph.D. in org development/studies.

I thought I was done with papers, exams and the general stress related to the pursuit of a degree. But somehow this idea intrigues me. Who knows where it will lead.

No comments: