Thursday, May 8, 2008

A not-so-welcome old friend

Is that a bulge in your back or are you just happy to see me?!? No, it's an actual bulgding disc that has decided to show up again. Man, I thought I had this back thing beat over the past couple of months, but I must have strained or at least irritated my previous L4/L5 injury a bit after the Cat's Hill race.

Go figure, that race probably irritates racers on numerous levels. So for me I'm off the bike for a few days (hopefully not longer than a week), back on the Celebrex and ice packs, getting back to doing my core strengthening exercises and trying to just get healthy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the injury is not to the extent that it was last June when it initially happened and wiped me out for the rest of the road racing season.

But I've got to be honest with myself...these kinds of injuries are things that you don't want to push too fast. Bummer for me as I'm really looking forward to Panoche, Memorial Day and Pesky. Only time will tell with this healing process...

No comments: