Monday, February 9, 2009

Adrenaline Rush

As a kid and throughout college when it was game time, my palms would get damp and I knew it was game time. With cycling I don't get that same reaction, but something that I would rate as more powerful. ADRENALINE!!!

This usually happens on the start line, but it's become more of a frequent thing when I start looking at upcoming races and registered athletes on Sportsbaseonline.com. I'll begin by looking through the different categories and the come to my own. Browsing through the riders gives me a sense of what's to come, how different tactics might play out and whether or not the race is going to hurt...or REALLY hurt.

My mind gets wrapped up with all these details and triggers off a massive does of adrenaline into my system. I feel like I've just ingested ten espresso shots via an IV! My mind starts to race, fingers want to freak out on the keyboard, and the butterflies start a mass migration through my veins. Pretty cool if you ask me but it freaked me out the first time it happened a couple of years ago. Good to know it still happens even when I'm just browsing around at my non-priority races for the spring.

No comments: