Sunday, January 6, 2008

One reason I love my wife

There's something, maybe karma, that bites me whenever I decide to ride in bad weather. Several months ago I was rolling down Santa Teresa toward Morgan Hill and had two flats. The first was in the middle of a hard interval and the second was a slow leak.

Well welcome to 2008 big fella 'cuz you're about to get another dose of love from Santa Teresa's shoulder!

These recent storms are nothing to mess around with, but the dopler radar showed a slight break, or at least that what Bokemeier had to say. Ok, he's a great teammate and I couldn't refuse getting out there and doing some flat-land intervals with some wet weather, but we ended up getting pounded for a bit.

After finishing our second 6' interval I realized I had a slow rear leak. Upon trying to fix it and pumping it up with a 16oz. CO2 can, I ended up blowing the tube. What was that you say? Eh, didn't catch that comment Boke. Yeah, our ears were ringing pretty damn loud. Gotta say it was somewhat funny to laugh, and watch your bud laugh when you can't hear anything at all.

Twenty minutes later we finally get rolling again, this time pretty cold and wet. And how do you get warm again?!? Do a hard 10' interval! This time with the wind at our back we're hustling at 27mph and slowly getting warm again. Back to Bailey and another flat. Oh well, out of tubes, no more CO2, what am I going to do? Call on the wife...

30 minutes later I'm picked up looking like a damp wet dog. Matt was able to make it home in one piece and it took me 45 minutes to warm up. This morning I rode the trainer, but it wasn't any more fun in retrospect...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, your wife is pretty darn cool.

Robin Horwitz said...

When they say... "Do your wife support what you are doing?" It doesn't necessarily mean "Oh, go and have fun!"

You've got a great wife who supports what you are doing.

Anonymous said...

Maybe this will make you feel bad for all those times you were complaining about her while riding....okay okay total joke. Glad to see its Team Manly with the smart one riding in the support van.

veloandvino said...

whats your wifes cell number?