Friday, April 25, 2008

Get on the bus


Just riding down to New Almaden to get ready for the race tomorrow and it was pretty uneventful. However, as the norm in these parts, there was a nice tailwind on the outbound trek with a headwind waiting for me upon my return. After turning around I was going through a slower section of road and a yellow school bus very, very slowly passed me. Knowing that I was about to get hammered by the headwind, I decided to draft off the bus.

Let me say, there's something pretty damn fun about pulling 33+mph behind America's elementary school transportation vehicle of choice! Especially when you're not putting out any effort to keep up. The draft this bus puts out is the equivalent of what a few of my teammates probably get from me when they're on my wheel. I was bummed when it turned right and went its merry way, but the legs sure felt good.

2 comments:

Neil Duane Harrington said...

I will admit your like a bus.

Can you please upgrade to the p1/2 field, so you can lead me out?

I pay well :-D

Manley Man said...

Tried today, but got bit by a rear tubular flat only a half lap into the Wente RR. Bummed? Hell yeah. I was looking for some upgrade points today. Oh well.